ICON Investments & LeaseWave
Hana Park, Director of Operations
Winthrop Resources & LeaseWave
Gary Anderson, CFO
ICON is a leading asset manager that provides innovative alternative investment products to individual and institutional investors through publicly registered programs, private funds and separately managed accounts. With more than 25 years of experience in the alternative asset management industry, ICON and its aliates have managed investments for more than 53,000 investors and made more than $3.9 billion in total investments. ICON markets ‘investment funds’, with various investment objectives, rules,parameters and other requisites. In addition to carrying out relatively complex ‘lease accounting’, ICON’s model requires sophisticated ‘fund accounting’.
Winthrop Resources Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of TCF Financial Corporation, leases technology equipment, healthcare equipment and point-of-sale devices. Its primary customers are mid-to large-sized businesses, generally spread out over multiple locations. Typical installations involve several hundred to several thousand individual assets installed at multiple locations over several months. Winthrop's approach to this market is to build long-term relationships with customers that provide opportunities for significant repeat business. This translates into individualized care for each customer, including customized documentation, customized asset build, installation and delivery process management, customized invoice formatting and individualized customer service.
- Improve operations by reducing manual processes and temporary workarounds.
- Provide a centralized platform to replace disparate legacy systems Solution.
- Implement LeaseWave to deliver one database source for company.
- Build and implement a custom time keeping system.
- Enable ICON to stay ahead of the competive market with real-time access to accurate data Results.
- Reduced time required to close funds at end of accounting periods by 30-40%.
- Accelerated ability to add funds from a rate of 1 annually to 2-3 funds annually.
- Significantly reduced size of team required to perform annual audit.