Odessa is a US-based company with offices in Philadelphia, USA and Bangalore, India. Our leasing solutions power a customer base comprised of leading global financial institutions that operate across market segments. We transform bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for customers that drive the economy through equipment and fleet leasing: IT, healthcare, transportation and more.
As the largest software and technology provider in the leasing industry, Odessa provides a feature-rich lease and asset finance solution that manages the full contract lifecycle, from originations to servicing. As a Platform, Odessa delivers a complete solution for commercial lending companies, driving the future of asset finance. With best-in-class functionality, extensible architecture and a suite of value-added features and services, Odessa helps companies transform their business operations.
To meet the increasing demand for our technology solutions and services, our Sales Team is seeking a motivated Sales Director to drive revenue by sourcing new business for our full platform offering. This person will focus on hunting and closing new sales opportunities, developing our existing business partners and establishing new partner relationships in the Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa regions. The Sales Director is responsible for collaborating with our Sales and Platform teams to increase enterprise sales and offerings in their market, applying industry knowledge to provide ongoing feedback.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Highly-driven individual who is technology savvy
- Team player with a “no job too big, no job too small” mentality
- Great communicator; professional, tactful and confident leading internal and external conversations
- Strong relationship builder with high-level executives
What you’ll do
- Develop a deep understanding of Odessa’s products and services and articulate the value propositions, features benefits of these services;
- Make outbound calls and drive digital touchpoints to build relationships with new prospects;
- Undertake pre-sales work and market blueprinting with the supplied tools (e.g. domain inspect, LinkedIn, etc);
- Achieve sales targets through strategic selling processes and adherence to sales plan;
- Develop and support key local partners in various geographies / countries to expand the market;
- Carry out end-to-end sales activities (manage RFI / RFP process, develop proposals, present offers, negotiate, and close opportunities) to prospective customers;
- Maintain up to date sales data through Salesforce CRM;
- Represent the company at networking events;
- Build strong industry relationships and general contacts to build Odessa’s good reputation in the market place;
- Maintain and build strong internal relationships within the company;
- Identify threats in the marketplace to the future growth of the business and act on these (e.g. monitor competition, etc);
- Assist Odessa in building brand awareness, industry connections and acting as in-country expert for products and services;
- Travel to prospects for face-to-face meetings for meetings and territory management.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in business administration, accounting, economics, or computer science
- At least 8 years of direct sales for enterprise software in the banking and financial services space, with a specific focus on lending or core banking platforms preferred
- Experience mining a sales pipeline to make recommendations to internal owners to drive the application evolution and backlog
- Demonstrated understanding of a ‘customer success’ mindset, and experience providing excellence across all touchpoints in the sales journey
- Proven ability to manage customer and internal stakeholder expectations