* Please note that this position is only open to candidates who currently reside in Europe.*
Odessa is a lease, loan and fleet management software provider and consulting company exclusively focused on the equipment and automotive finance industries. The company’s 600 employees work across its headquarters in Philadelphia, USA and its operations in Bangalore, India. Since its incorporation in 1998, Odessa has emerged as a global leader in equipment and vehicle finance software technologies. Odessa’s flagship product, LeaseWave®, is an end-to-end, browser-based lease, loan and fleet management system designed to meet world-class standards of scalability and performance. The suite fully automates the operations and logistics of lease and loan management, while automatically carrying out all the accounting behind every transaction.
The Enterprise Sales Executive will be a key contributor who oversees the full spectrum of sales-related activities in Odessa’s first expansion into the European Equipment Leasing Market! These activities include establishing and executing sales strategies, revenue target and financial goals management, prospecting, managing formal correspondence (including RFPs, RFIs, and Proposals), and more. This opportunity will truly allow you to own the sales process from start to finish.
In this role, you will apply deep industry knowledge to achieve sales objectives and identify trends in order to provide insight and analysis to sales-related decisions and to mentor the sales and pre-sales organization. This role will ideally be based out of the UK, Germany or France.
- Establish and Executing Sales Strategies:
- Plays a key role as an SME in our expansion into the European Equipment Leasing and Finance and Fleet Management Industries
- Works with Odessa senior leadership team to define sales strategies at various levels, including by industry segments, geographies, business models, etc.
- Ability to connect the company’s long term vision to the goals of the sales process
- Uses detailed understanding of competitors and their products to drive the strategies of Odessa and its products in sales-related efforts
- Sets realistic objectives individually, for teams, for the sales organization that align with business and uses effective governance systems to oversee their achievement with little to no oversight
- Sales Cycle Management:
- Drives the growth and management of the book of business and sales pipelines
- Management of the RFP process
- Using industry best practices, manages the full proposal lifecycle, looking for ways to improve it and to make it more efficient
- Based on industry and product knowledge, meaningfully participates in presentations and demonstrations
- Maintains a close pulse on all transactions and develops (unique) strategies to best address concerns and demands that come up
- Proactively takes steps to advance clients through an optimized sales cycle, maximizing the chances of closing the opportunity
- Manages the efforts needed to close accounts in the final stages of the sales cycle
- Ensures outstanding customer experience throughout the sales cycle to ensure the customer has experienced Odessa as a company that is professional, industry-knowledgeable and has a deep and unparalleled product and business experience at every level
- Revenue Management:
- Takes ownership of and responsibility for the achievement of revenue targets and financial goals
- Drives the establishment of revenue targets and financial goals within the context of helping achieve organizational objectives
- Partners with the Finance and Accounting and Delivery organizations to drive pricing strategies, pricing related models and their transactional application to best meet organizational goals
- Competitive and Industry:
- Responsible for gaining an in-depth understanding of competitors, their management structure, products, go-to-market strategies, pricing strategies, and branding initiatives
- Keenly aware of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats represented by each competitor and able to accurately and meaningfully speak to the alternative/s presented by Odessa against each competitive aspect for each competitor, respectively
- Is able to make recommendations to the Product and Delivery Organizations based on experience gained during sales-related efforts and based on market demands and trends
- Participates in key industry forums to represent the company, to build its brand and credibility and to acquire knowledge that can be applied to internal decisions
- Knowledge of the company’s technologies, technology roadmap and how these compare to that of competitors. Ability to meaningfully present and talk to these differences in client settings.
- Sufficiently deep knowledge of technical and functional knowledge and roadmaps to respond to RFPs and to develop proposals
- In-depth knowledge of the company’s SDLC and the detail behind each phase
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Business Administration or similar field; Master's preferred
- 8+ years of previous sales experience in target European sectors, preferably in the Equipment Leasing
- Proven sales track record identifying and closing business providing customer satisfaction and solutions
- Strong business acumen, problem-solving, analytical and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of work ethic and drive to succeed
- Basic understanding of software requirements and design process.
- Understanding of basic Financial / Managerial accounting
- Fluency in English required. One or more of the following preferred: German, French, Spanish.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to understand the challenges inherent to closing large transactions and is able to meaningfully provide insight, analysis, and solutions that impact the organization’s approach, by transaction and by overall go-to-market strategy.
- Ability to set realistic objectives individually in conjunction with effective governance systems to oversee achievement
- Detail-oriented with a proactive attitude that focuses on creating ideas and plans for correcting issues or handling daily tasks
- Leads high-level presentation of the company and its products
- Strong research capabilities and critical thinking skills